HMCSR aspires to active participation in developing the resources, at the University of Jordan, to conduct original research in the fields of Applied Science and Technology, in the fields which have been deemed to utmost priority to the center such as (material science, nanotechnology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical solution and drug discovery). This objective is to be achieved by dedicating HMCSR to:
1. Supporting scientific research in the fields which are deemed to be of the utmost priority to the center (material science, nanotechnology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical solution and drug discovery).
- Participating in publishing the research results supported by HMCSR.
- Hiring research assistants for specific periods of time, to conduct research or assist faculty members conducting research.
- Establishing and equipping the center with necessary & modern equipment to conduct applied and scientific research.
5. Supporting other schools to conduct scientific research inside the center in order to participate in local and international competition and supervising the conduct their research.
6. Hosting companies and institutions to conduct workshops and lectures inside the center.
7. Establishing scientific labs and installing different advanced scientific equipment for the different scientific faculties inside the center.
8. Offering Ali Mango Award for distinguished researcher of scientific faculties in the University of Jordan. This reward is awarded every year to distinguished researchers in recognition of the level of the research performance of the faculty members by HMCSR and to encourage researchers in scientific faculties. The Mango Family donated the amount of the award of (JD 5000) five thousand Jordanian Dinars, (JD 2000) two thousand thereof shall be distributed to the winners.
9. Holding Yearly HMCSR Scientific Day
10. Holding Monthly lectures inside the center
11. Establishing Central Laboratories in the center equipped with various advanced scientific instrumentation and contributing to the procurement of such equipment. Providing labs that meet the needs and uses of such equipments.
The following equipments are currently available in the Central Labs:
a. Scanning Electron Microscope ( SEM)
c. Particle Size and zeta-potential Analyzer
d. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR 500 MHz)
e. X-Ray Single Crystal
12. Establishing a specialized unit for managing research projects, for the advancement of scientific research within the University of Jordan in order to enhance the researchers’ capabilities and unite them with their counterparts wherever they are. This can be achieved by providing the appropriate conditions for the researcher in preparing their research project properly and direct them to the relevant local, international and/or regional body that provides the appropriate financial support for the execution of the research and the actual and practical help in managing and executing these external projects
13. Bringing research and innovation closer together hoping to be a model research center in the region
Establishing the Technology Transfer Office (TTO) to help researchers first; with their Intellectual Property then to transfer their innovation to industry and to transfer the scientific researches results into product. Participate in initiating specific interdisciplinary scientific research projects in areas of benefit to Jordan and various Jordanian development Universities