Achievements of the Audio-Visual Communication Section “Atheer”:
Many local and global activities were organized through the Global Development Learning Network “Atheer”; a reputable interactive network. Atheer pledges to serve customers with the highest levels of sincerity and efficiency and seriously takes into account the advancement of the educational process. Atheer works to introduce faculty and administrative members to its services by sharing experiences and expertise. In addition, Atheer works to promote its services to the outside community through common communication channels.
1) Atheer has conducted about 40 long - distance job interviews, using live interactive video technology, in collaboration with many foreign companies and in favor of educational institutions and private sector establishments in Arab and foreign countries (video job interviews costs 200$ per hour within the official working hours and 250$ per hour outside office hours).
2) Atheer has provided live interactive visual communication services (Interactive Video) to deliver full courses or certain lectures from remote educational settings, for examples: the delivery of the Marine Geophysics course to the Aqaba Branch - University of Jordan, and the delivery of a joined lecture between the Department of French Language, the French Embassy in Amman and Sorbonne University.
3) Atheer has provided live interactive visual communication services (Interactive Video) to conduct admission interviews for a number of students who applied for admission to foreign universities that require interviews in the application process to obtain higher degrees, for example: Dr. Mariam Toma’s interview with the University of Manchester, Britain.
4) Atheer has provided live interactive visual communication services (Interactive Video) for delivering PhD & Master’s thesis defense presentations for a number of students at the University of Jordan, where a member of the defense committee was participating from a distant university.
This service is offered free of charge for UJ students, for examples: Master’s thesis defense of student Ayman from the Department of Computer Engineering, defense committee included: Dr. Anas Al Rabadi, Dr. Diai Edeen Abu Al Nadi, Dr. Iyad Jafar, in addition to Dr. Majid Al-Taee from London, Britain.
5) Atheer has provided interactive visual communication services (Interactive Video) to deliver off-campus scientific conferences, symposia and workshops, for examples: the live broadcast of a joint conference co-organized by the University of Jordan, represented by the Faculties of Nursing, Medicine and Rehabilitation Sciences, and Lund University, Sweden, in the presence of Ambassador of Sweden to Jordan and the Dean and Vice Dean of the Faculty of Nursing and.
6) Atheer has provided interactive visual communication services (Interactive Video) to convey a testimony in a particular case of a witness who is unable to travel, for example: conveying a testimony of a witness to Britain.
7) Atheer has provided interactive visual communication services (Interactive Video) to broadcast Long-Distance job interviews “Video Interviews” for the purposes of appointment in faculty positions at the University of Jordan.
8) Introducing Atheer to the local community by receiving visits from public and private schools throughout the year.